Waste and Recycling
Upcoming Paper Shredding and Recycling Drop-Off EventsThe City hosts recycling drop-off events for bulky items 2-3 times per year as well as frequent free paper shredding events. Click here for information on upcoming dates.
Curbside Recycling: What You Need to Know
Click Here for a List of What Can Go in Your Curbside Recycling
Click Here for a Map to Determine Your Recycling Day.
Free Upgrade to Larger 96 Gallon Recycling Carts Available at No Charge!
If you need additional space for cardboard or other recycling, call the City Recycling provider Republic (formerly Allied) Services to request your free upgrade to a larger recycling cart at 952-941-5174. The larger cart is not much bigger at the base, just a bit taller. Many households that increase their recycling bin can request a smaller garbage bin from their waste hauler, resulting in increased savings on your waste bill!
Additional Information about Curbside Recycling
- You do not need to sort recycling, all recyclable items can go in the cart.
- All plastics marked #1-7 are recyclable.
- Please rinse milk, yogurt, and other food containers before recycling to avoid bad odors.
- Don't put plastic bags into the recycling cart. Check your local grocery store - many collect plastic bags for recycling.
Other Recycling Options
- For additional information, visit the Anoka County Recycling and Resource Solutions web page for comprehensive recycling information for bulky items and other hard to dispose of items. You can also find information about recycling reusable items, batteries and plastic bags.
- Learn about getting rid of fluorescent bulbs or household hazardous waste like paint and chemicals at the Anoka County website.
- For additional options paper shredding in-between city events, Fridley has First Shred, local fee-based business for secure paper shredding. Other businesses may also be available near Fridley. A couple of times per year, U.S. Federal Credit Union of Fridley has free paper shredding events. Other paper shredding info may be found here courtesy of Anoka County.
Need to set up garbage and yard waste pick-up service? Contact a licensed garbage hauler to set up service. Weekly garbage service is required by code.
Yard waste is a separate service contracted for with your garbage company and is optional because residents could also take yard waste to the Bunker Hills Compost site in Coon Rapids or practice at-home composting to create a reusable product for flower beds and vegetable gardens! The City does not pick up yard waste or Christmas trees.