Last Updated on Saturday, 16 March 2013 14:04
Download a complete list of park ordinances
- Park hours are 5:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- No person shall play ball, golf, tennis or such other games which cause annoyance or inconvenience to other users of the park upon or within any park except upon ball, tennis or appropriate athletic grounds or golf links established by the Commission for such purpose.
- No person shall move benches, seats or tables from their places in any park, except in picnic areas and then only within designated limits.
- It is unlawful for any persons to have in their possession or to consume any intoxicating liquor or nonintoxicating malt liquor in or upon any City park or bathing beach within the City except when permission has been granted by City Council.
- No person shall be permitted to take any dog into any park unless it is led by a suitable leash and in no case shall any person all or bring any dog owned or attended by such person into the bathing beach area, Community Park, park waters, skating rink or park building, whether the dog is leashed or otherwise.
- No person, except an agent of the City, shall start any fire in any park, except for charcoal fires for culinary purposes in stoves located in designated areas.
- The date of the season is approximately June 15 through August 15.
- City staff may close the swimming beach whenever inclement weather exists.
- No persons are permitted in the water during the periods when the beach is declared closed.
- No child under age 12 shall be allowed on the beach unless under the supervision of a competent person who shall be not less than 16 years old.
- In no case shall any person bring any dog owned or attended by such person into the bathing beach area.
- No person shall run, operate, navigate or direct any sailboat within 100 feet of the area being used by persons for swimming or designated by the Council as a swimming area.
Skateboards, Rollerskates & In-Line Skates
It is unlawful for any person to ride or propel oneself upon skateboards, rollerskis, rollerskates or in-line skates in any of the following circumstances:
- In the Fridley Plaza Center
- On any public tennis court in the City of Fridley
- On any public or private parking lot, ramp, area or facility without the expressed permission of the owner
- In any area within the City while being pushed, pulled or in anyway propelled by any motorized vehicle or by a person on a bicycle