Harris Lake Park
|1620 Mississippi Street NE
|Stormwater storage; Water frontage
Harris Lake Park is situated on Harris lake with very scenic views. Its location is along Mississippi Street. This busy route is not conducive to pedestrian connectivity to the park. It has a playground, shelter and picnic areas overlooking the lake.
Recommendations and Estimate of Probable Costs
General recommendations include redevelopment with some minor layout modifications to incorporate new amenities and replace existing amenities for an improved recreational experience with strengthened connection to Harris Lake and improved pedestrian access. There are existing plans to modify Mississippi Street with a pedestrian route along the south side of the street that will help improve overall access to the park.
- Landscape enhancements and screening
- Open lawn with low-grow and/or pollinator-friendly turf mixture
- New playground
- ADA compliant playground surfacing (engineered wood fiber)
- Concrete playground border
- Picnic shelter with two tables
- Small parking area for improved access and safety
- Site furnishings with common characteristic (benches, tables, receptacles, bike racks, drinking fountain, etc.)
- Trail amenities (bike rack, kiosk)
- Walk and trail connections to create an internal loop
- Lake seating areas
- Dock on lake
- Potential water treatment area
- Security light
The estimate of probable costs for completing the recommendations shown range from approximately $314,000 to $425,000.