- Doing Business
- Community Development
- Zoning Information
Zoning is a set of laws regulating how property is used and the size and location of buildings on a lot. In Fridley, this helps us create neighborhoods and business districts and industrial areas.
Zoning decisions in Fridley are determined by a join effort between the Community Development Department, Planning Commission and the City Council.
We have a number of online tools to help you with zoning information and needs. If your question is not answered here, please contact the Planning Department at (763) 572-3592.
This interactive map allows you to see how areas of Fridley are zoned, search by address, and print a map of a property showing its zoning. You can also find taxpayer information for a specific property and its legal description.
Download, view, and/or print a color-coded map showing the various zoning districts throughout the city.
The Zoning Code is Chapter 205 of the Fridley City Code.
Information on signs allowed in each zoning district is in Chapter 214 of the Fridley City Code.
Information on Fences in residential, commercial, and industrial zoning districts is in Chapter 213 of the Fridley City Code.
Zoning Verification Letters are a formal document prepared by city staff. Zoning Letters are generally requested by property owners, mortgage lenders, appraisers, and legal advisors. They are sometimes required by purchasers or lenders when a property is sold or refinanced. These letters verify the zoning district of a property. Depending on the information required, a Zoning Letter can provide information on:
- Zoning Classification and, if applicable, information Overlay Districts
- Permitted uses / Legal land uses
- Development and Land Use Approval History
- FEMA Flood Plain information
- Known current zoning violations
Zoning letters are typically provided within 3 business days, but properties requiring substantial research may take longer to complete. If the completion time is expected to exceed one week, staff will notify you.
You can request a Zoning Verification Letter online. The fee is $50 per address.
Not sure whether you need a zoning letter? General zoning information, including the interactive self-serve zoning map and links to the zoning code, are available in the tabs above. You may also contact the Planning Department at (763) 572-3592 with general questions.
Developing your Business in Fridley
Fridley's Housing and Redevelopment Authority (HRA) can offer assistance with locating your business in Fridley. Services include:
- Business site selection assistance
- Local tax structure and tax increment financing districts data and analysis
- Guidance on available City programs and other programs for various types of projects
- Redevelopment process assistance
- Coordination/implementation of special service districts
- Real estate transactions
- Private activity bond issuance or refinancing
- Business relocation/expansion assistance
- Redevelopment contract negotiations
- Home improvement demonstration project
To get started, give Paul Bolin a call at (763) 572-3591.