- Medallion Hunt
- Snowshoe Rental
- Park Passport
- Friendly Fridley Competition
- Winter Biking Webinar
Winterfest 2022 will take place January 22, 2022 from 11 AM-2PM at Springbrook Nature Center in Fridley, Minnesota. This is a FREE family-friendly event for the entire community and visitors to the northern Twin Cities metro. Below you will see the schedule of events.
|Medallion Hunt (clues released every 30 min. under the pavilion)|
|S'mores Kits and Hot Cocoa Station|
|Forest Bathing Walks (more info below)|
|Coon Creek Watershed District Table (pavilion)|
|11:30 am||Zumba Demo|
|12:30 pm||Story Time Anoka County Library*|
|1:00 pm||K9 Demo Fridley Police|
|1:30 pm||Story Time Anoka County Library*|
|*may move inside due to weather|
|Fridley Fire Department|
|Fridley Environmental Planner|
|Anoka County Transit|
|North Suburban Center for the Arts|
New This Year!
Intro to Forest Bathing Walks
Take a guided stroll through the forest with David Motzenbecker, an award-winning landscape architect and certified ANFT-Forest Therapy Guide. Forest bathing allows participants to come to nature for spiritual, mental, and physical nourishment. This introduction is a 25-minute version of the longer walks led by David’s company, Motz Forest Bathing Experiences. FREE. Ages 18+ only. Walks occur at WinterFest on the half-hour between 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, January 22.
Kicksleds - provided by Anoka County Park District.
Rustic Chef Food Truck - the-rustic-chef.zensmb.com
The medallion hunt will be held at Springbrook Nature Center on Saturday, January 22nd from 11:30am to 2:00 pm. Clues will be released every 30 minutes until 1:30 pm. There will be a $100 cash prize for the finder of the medallion.
Medallion Hunt Clues
Clues will be published below at 11:30 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 12:30 p.m., 1:00 p.m., 1:30 p.m. They will also be available on the City of Fridley and Springbrook Nature Center Facebook pages as well as the Recreation Instagram Page.
Free Snowshoe Rental
During the event, FREE snowshoe rental will be available (valid Jan 22, 2022 only).
*Snowshoes are available for use within Springbrook Nature Center only.
The Passport is the perfect excuse to get outside and enjoy a variety of winter activities ranging from sledding to ice skating to ice fishing! Fourteen City parks (including Springbrook Nature Center) will be included on the passport; check in at at least three parks and receive a prize. Passports will be available using your phone or a printable version. The printable passport can be found on this page or for pick up at City Hall or Springbrook Nature Center during business hours.
During the course of the event, January 17-22, visit any three (or more if you wish) of the participating parks and complete one or more of the featured activities. The Passport does not need to be completed in one day. In fact, we prefer you spread your visits out over the course of the week. I.e. XC skiing at Moore Lake on Tuesday and sledding at Commons on Wednesday, etc.
Mobile Passport Version using QR code scans:
- A QR code will be listed on a sign.
- Scan the code using your phone’s QR code reader (or download a QR reader app).
- You will be redirected to the City’s website to complete a few questions including name of park, activity completed, name, email address, and park password. This information helps us verify visits and track point earnings.
- Once three park submissions have been made, you will receive a congratulatory email inviting you to retrieve your prize pack (one per family).
Paper Version using poster passwords:
- Passports will be available on this page for you to print out at home OR available for pick up at Springbrook Nature Center (100 85th Ave, NW) or City Hall (7071 University Ave NE) during business hours. Springbrook is open on weekends.
- Grab a pen and head out to the parks!
- A password will be listed on the Passport poster. Fill in the fields on the passport, one of which is the password.
- Once three parks have been visited, submit via:
- Springbrook Nature Center or City Hall – prize pack will be given to you (one per family)
- Take a photo and email to: Recreation@FridleyMN.gov – stop by Springbrook or City Hall to pick up prize pack (one per family). Prizes will be ready by February 1st.
New in 2022!
Friendly Fridley Competition
Skiing, skating, sledding and more! Use your Park Passport to find activities and earn points throughout the week. Each activity is 50 points, with an extra 100 points for participation in WinterFest Day activities. All participants who complete 3+ activities will receive a goody bag. Grand prizes will be awarded to the three participants who earn the most points. Follow us on social media @fridleyrecreation for a sneak-peak of prizes.
Winter Biking Webinar
Special thanks to the Fridley Lions Club for their generous donation which makes this event possible.
- Anoka Co Library Mississippi Branch
- Don't miss the Winter Reads Program
- Anoka County Transit
- Anoka County Parks