While hard plastic containers like water bottles, milk jugs, and detergent containers can go in your container, flexible plastics like grocery bags, bubble wrap, and foam cannot. Here are some examples of plastic you can recycle:
- Beverage, condiment, toiletry bottles and jugs
- Yogurt, fruit, and pudding cups
- Clear disposable cups, berry, and takeout containers
- Margarine, cottage cheese, and similar tubs
Tips for plastics recycling:
- Keep lids on the bottles
- Rinse all containers
- Follow the poke test- if you can poke through finger through it, it’s not recyclable. This includes bags, wrappers, and pouches.
Have a recycling question you'd like to see answered? Email email@example.com.